2019 has undoubtedly been a year to remember. We’ve moved offices, welcomed a number of new staff and worked on huge projects for key clients. We might even be as bold as to say that 2019 has been our favourite year so far! We’ve had a look back at the best bits and put together a list of why it has been such a highlight in JBA history…
1. 2019 has been the year to see JB Associates officially go international. We have been working in and around Paris, Milan, Madrid and Stockholm recently, with our Project Managers travelling around Europe to ensure that we maintain the personal approach and turnkey consultancy that we are proud of – even when based in a different country.
2. Growth has been a huge focus for us over the last 12 months and we are thrilled to announce that we have welcomed 7 new members to our team since January! This expansion has been the largest that the company has seen in such a short space of time, and we are pleased to have filled a variety of roles, including Commercial Manager and Media and Marketing Coordinator.
3. This team expansion also includes trainees and graduates joining us at JBA, signifying an exciting time for the company. We pride ourselves in investing in our people, supporting them through training – be that emotionally and/or financially – and we are excited about meeting further driven, ambitious and enthusiastic young entrepreneurs in 2020.
4. Welcoming so many new members to the team has only been possible due to our Head Office expansion project. This year we moved from Ampress Park into our bespoke, tailor-made fit out of Lymington Town Hall’s first floor. The space includes multiple conference rooms, private offices, a kitchen and a staff room. A particular highlight was our office open day in June, when we invited friends, family and clients to take the ‘grand tour’ of our new space.
5. 2019 has also seen us expand in client base and diversify the types of jobs we tender for. This year we have engaged with several projects working alongside data centre providers and we are excited to continue working within this sector going into 2020. We have loved attending events with DATACENTRE.ME and conferences such as DCD and DCW. They provide great opportunities to meet other industry professionals and integrate our business into the world of data centres.
6. The JBA Interactive O&M Manuals have been another central focus this year for the team, our effort rewarded by fantastic client feedback and interest from across the industry. This bespoke documentation is completely digitised, with a real-time search facility, custom bookmarking, interactive plans and intelligent linking. It is perfect for data centres sites, as well as for a number of other locations, and we are confident that the success of these manuals will only continue into the next decade.
7. At JB Associates we are also proud of what we have done outside of the office. This year we have sponsored a local youth football club and our MD has managed their Under-12s team. We have also supported a student outreach project to Kenya, raised money for Save the Children’s Christmas Jumper day and put in place a new Charity Day policy for all of the team, effective January 2020. Finally, we have enjoyed some great away days including one fairly challenging cycle to Bournemouth with the team at Telefonica.
8. In order to celebrate a wonderful year at JBA, we have also arranged our biggest ever Christmas party! OK, it hasn’t been a highlight of the year yet, but we are already excited for the festive event. Nearly 40 of us will get together in the week before Christmas for a meal and (just a few) drinks to celebrate 2019. It’s a great opportunity to thank the whole team, without whom we certainly would not have had such a fantastic year!